Saturday, April 27, 2013

Soul Avenged (Sons of Wrath #1) by Keri Lake Book Review

Passion is blind in vengeance and love ...

Ayden’s suburban home was invaded by a pack of Lycans.

The brutal attack is the only memory she carries of her former life.

Now, one motive burns in her soul:

KILL THEM ALL.

The Sons of Wrath—a brood of vengeance-dealing warrior demons—band with Ayden to hunt the Lycans on Detroit’s most deadly feeding grounds.

Kane Walker should’ve been her easiest kill.

Unfortunately, the newly bitten Lycan has something she wants—clues that may finally lay her past to rest. To reach them, she must be willing to submit to the sensual pleasures awakened by his touch.

Time is running out.

In seven days, Kane will become what Ayden despises most. She can halt his transformation but the antidote requires the ultimate sacrifice. As the beast takes hold, Kane becomes more of a threat.

Ayden must choose between her lust for revenge, or surrender to her enemy and discover a horrible truth.

Sons of Wrath

Never gamble with vengeance

My Review

5 of 5 Soul Avenged

First I have to say that this story is AMAZING! I have never read a story where the author has joined lycans and demons.The flow of the story was also a plus because Keri took the time to build her worlds and when they collided they worked well together. I also really enjoyed the descriptions Keri posted in the beginning of the book because some things as I was reading I had to check and see what they were. This of course caused me to really get into the book because I had to do like a mini read on the side to make sure I understood what was going on and I loved every minute of it. This book is by no means a small book it is actually long but it worked and I am glad I was able to read it.

Ayden is a strong character and can hold her own. What I really enjoyed about her was that after she was attacked she was determined to get revenge. She did not sit back and cry about it but she decided she would get even and find out who she really is. Ayden is such a kick butt character that I found myself thinking what gave her the strength to keep going? I mean she lives with the demons and holy hotness are they. They have their own agenda and what happens in this story is so much.

You go from one scene to the next and as things unfold Ayden meets Kane and she knows Kane can give her answers she needs but there is just one tiny issue with Kane and he has limited time to help Ayden. Will Kane be able to help her get back what was taken from her? Because has two choices on the brain and they are not looking good at all. Is Ayden going to get revenge like she wants or will her heart stop her and she succumb to something or someone else?

This is a must read! I promise you will not be disappointed. 
About this author
Cover Model Contest now thru June 30th
Help me pick the cover model for Sons of Wrath Book #2! 

Sexy entry teasers posted to my Facebook page and blog: https://www.facebook.com/KeriLakeAuthor

Keri Lake is a married mother of two. She writes fiction in the genres of paranormal romance and urban fantasy. A graduate of Michigan State University (go green!), Keri holds 2 degrees in science but would gladly trade them both to pursue her true passion for writing. She's a flash fiction addict and a sucker for sexy men with wings.

When she isn’t toiling away on plots and protagonists, she enjoys reading, music and travel. If she could create mystical powers for herself, she’d have the ability to flash to anywhere in the world. And if she could flash to anywhere in the world at this very moment, she’d be staring at the ocean from her adirondack chair on the shores of North Carolina.

Go ahead and friend me, I love meeting new readers and talking books!

No comments:

Post a Comment