Monday, May 13, 2013

Entangled Presents Desire by Design by Paula Altenburg Book Review

He stole her job, and now she's stealing his heart.

Eve Doucette finally almost has it all. She's free from her mistake of an ex-husband and just landed her dream job: project manager for a new City Hall and drafter of the final design. That is, until a handsome architect sweeps into town to commandeer her blueprints.Famous architect Matt Brison is unsatisfied with his mundane life in Toronto. So when the mayor of Halifax asks him to spearhead his City Hall project, Matt jumps at the opportunity. There's just one problem: the feisty and beautiful project lead, Eve, who isn't exactly thrilled about her new "coworker" hijacking her design. But when the sparks begin to fly, they both find themselves falling for the colleague they shouldn't want. And before they know it, their already shaky foundation might come crumbling down...

My Review

5 of 5 Desire By Design

Entangled has done it again! Lord they have so many genres that are new but I have to say that The Bliss line is great for HEA and great for love and romance that comes naturally not rushed or instant love. That is what I love about these stories in this line. They have a story and a plot that you follow to the end and all the while you are reading the story you are rooting for the main characters.

Desire by Design is a story about two people who come from two different worlds and collide in one world called WORK! Eve Doucette has worked her butt off to get to where she is today. She started off as a draftsman in an architecture firm and worked her way up to project manager for one of the biggest projects in the city. She is in charge of building a new City Hall and her drafting skills are superb so much so she has drafted a model version to show the mayor of the town. But the mayor has another agenda and he calls in the famous architect who just happens to be his nephew Matt Brison. To say that Eve is pissed off is an understatement and she is determined to keep this job and have it all by herself. But as things go we never get what we want so she is forced to work with Matt.

Matt Brison is a famous Architecture who is bored with his life and needs a new start or a fresh project. So when his uncle calls him and tells him he wants him to build the new city hall Matt jumps at the chance and goes to see what kind of building he could build. But what happens when he gets there is surreal because he meets Eve and is captivated by her. Even when she pushes him away and is vocal about her distaste for him being there and stealing her project. Matt is determined to get Eve to see that he is serious about the project and about her. But Matt has a long road ahead of him because Eve has been hurt and she does not love freely.

What is going to happen between these two? Will Eve let her walls down and let Matt in? Will Matt be able to get the girl of his dreams even if she is the total opposite of him? This is a must read summer romance beach read! Thank you to Entangled for allowing me to read an ARC copy of this book. I love you guys at Entangled!

I’d like to be able to say I always wanted to be a writer, but the truth is I thought it looked like a lot of hard work. Life, however, sometimes leads us down paths we never intended to take.

From the very beginning, my parents encouraged my love of books. When a Grade One teacher suggested I wrote too many “thrillers,” my mother, an English teacher, said I could write – and read – whatever I wanted. My high school English teachers later backed her up on that. In university, I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Anthropology. At the time it was a whim, but it’s amazing how much that little piece of paper has benefited me over the years.Researching the history of civilizations has led to many intriguing worldbuilding possibilities.

When my children were babies and money was tight, my mother, grandmother, and husband bought me an electric typewriter for my birthday because they knew I was bored and wanted me to be happy. My mother became my very first critique partner, willingly reading pages and pages of manuscripts no one should ever have to suffer through. She researched markets for me, and introduced me to a journalist friend, who in turn introduced me to the Writers Federation of Nova Scotia. My brother and my brother-in-law introduced me to Thieves’ World, David Eddings, and Piers Anthony. Mysister gave me my first computer.

My grandmothers believed if something’s too hard, you aren’t working hard enough. My brother and sisters have all successfully followed their dreams, and my husband and two sons offer me proof every day that hard work is something to be embraced, not avoided. With these people behind me, how could I possibly stray from a path on which life seems to have planted them as guardrails?

You can reach Paula on her website:

No comments:

Post a Comment