Friday, May 31, 2013

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1) by Katy Evans Book Review and Exciting News!

A fallen boxer.

A woman with a broken dream.

A competition… 

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

REAL – April 9 2013

Book #1 of The Real, Raw & Ripped Series

Mature New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 18 and up

Goodreads:

My Review

5 of 5 Remy and Brooke

Let me start by saying that I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH! It took me forever to read this book because I could relate to the book in more ways than one and I had so much emotions reading it that I would read some and put it down and go back and put it down. Lord I was a complete mess just reading this book. Tonight I finally finished it and yes people I cried like a lune!

How to start this review is so dam crazy because Remy is a torn and tortured soul. He is an underground boxer taking out all his pent up anger out on his opponents. He is living the high life having fun fighting and having any woman he wants. Until he goes to his fight in Seattle and he sees Brooke. She is sexy and smart looking and triggers something in Remy like no one's business and he has to have her. The only thing is Brook is not really interested. She has kept herself locked up tight and refuses to unleash that wall she has placed. But once Remy sets his sights on her she is weakened by his persistence and perusal of what he wants.

This is where the story of Brooke and Remy gets crazy because Brooke learns something about Remy and she must decide whether or not she is going to stand by him or walk away. If things couldn't get crazier Brooke finds out her sister is into some serious shit and she needs her help but won't take it. That is when Brooke decides she will do anything to save her little sister. But at what cost will she save her? 

Brooke and Remy's story is rough and raw and not a happy go lucky story and clean cut. I hope people do not get upset with me when I say this story is so close to real life that it is not even funny. You may not like it but a person with bipolar is so crazy and manic and they have these high and lows and this story is not pretty but it is Brooke's and Remy's story to tell and I am so glad Katy wrote it and I look forward to getting more of Remy and Brooke and the gang!

Want more from Katy Evans click on the link to get more:

Here is some exciting news from her website about her books:
May 28, 2013

Guys, so I have some exciting news to share! Gallery Books (a division of Simon & Schuster) has picked up Real and the entire Real Series, which means you will be able to see Real and the rest of the series in your nearest bookstores soon. Unfortunately, though, the process of allowing more people to meet Remington Tate (yoooour Riiiiptideeee!!), Brooke, and the cast means that the planned release dates for the books have changed a bit. I’m truly sorry about this, but I promise you that I am having an amazing time writing Mine and cannot, absolutely cannot, wait to share it with you. And the great news is that when Mine releases on its new date, it will be available in both ebook and paperback format, online and in a store near you, so this is great news!

The tentative release dates for the books are listed below—I’m sure you’ll be happy to see that although Mine has been pushed back a little bit, the books that follow will be releasing almost back to back. So there will be tons of Katy Evans to look forward to!

REAL Sept 3, 2013 (rerelease paperback)

MINE Oct 22, 2013

REMY Nov 25, 2013

RAW Dec 31, 2013

RIPPED March 18 2014

Also, I want to share Gallery’s new Real links below:



Barnes & Noble is still working on it…

And also, Mine, Remy and Raw (Melanie’s story) are already on preorder on Amazon and iBooks!! Click the links if you’d like to secure your ebook copy!

MINE – Amazon  iBooks

REMY – Amazon iBooks

RAW – Amazon iBooks

I am so very grateful to have this wonderful opportunity to work with Gallery Books and their amazing team, who I can tell you are as big fans of Real as we are! And also, I can’t even find words to thank my wonderful agent, Amy Tannenbaum at the Jane Rotrosen Agency, for making this wonderful match. But more than anything, I am truly, truly grateful to all of you—for each one of you who has spent your time with Real, opened your hearts to it like I did, and have been the most amazing supporters an author could ever hope for. Thank you for reading!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment