Monday, September 2, 2013

Release Day Blitz For Derek (Resisting Love #4) by Dawn Martens



Book Description:

Rylie Sullivan hasn’t had an easy life. She is broken, so broken she doesn’t think she will ever be fixed. When she meets Derek, he barges into her life and tries to break down the walls she has so carefully construed to keep what’s left of her safe. When Rylie’s past mixes with her present, will Derek stand by her and help her survive? Or will he bail for the next pretty thing?

Derek Tremaine has had it easy. Coming from a wealthy family and blessed with good looks, Derek has breezed through life. After years of one night stands, and a few half ass attempts at relationships, Derek has almost given up on ever finding the woman for him. When he sees Rylie however, he can’t help but be drawn to her. Rylie is different, more so than any other person Derek has met. Rylie’s beauty- her tattoos, piercings and beautiful blonde dreads drew him in, but it’s her sweet, kind nature that makes him want to stay around and protect her. Winning Rylie’s heart will be his greatest challenge yet, but Derek knows the reward will be more than worth it. 

Which is why Derek has no intentions of letting her go.

Goodreads link :

Excerpts:
Excerpt 1:

I came home from work early, didn’t have any more appointments. I notice Caleb’s car in the driveway and I’m confused. He doesn’t get off work until five. It’s only two. I make my way into our home and hear noises coming from upstairs. I start to walk up the stairs when I hear a female scream out. What the fuck? I run the rest of the way up and throw open my bedroom door. What I see shocks me, the man I love is cheating. Caleb is naked and some girl is on all fours, with Caleb just plowing into her.

“What the fuck is going on?” I scream.

Both Caleb and the girl jump out of the bed and scramble to get their clothes on. “It’s not what it looks like babe.”

“Not what it looks like? Are you fucking kidding me? You are screwing some whore on my fucking bed!” I yell at him, while pointing at the blonde getting dressed. I look over to her. “Did you know he was engaged?”

“No, he said he lived here with his sister.” She says, voice shaking. She was beautiful and seemed almost innocent.

I laugh. “Sister?” I look over to Caleb. “Seriously? You said I was your sister?”

“Baby, I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.”

“Fuck you. I never want to see you again.” The blonde rushes past me as I turn to leave. I start to grab a few of my things, but when I hear the front door close the atmosphere in the room changes. I think nothing of it and continue grabbing my stuff. Suddenly my arm is grabbed and I’m whipped around to face a very angry Caleb.

“You aren’t fucking leaving me.” He says as his fingers dig into my arm.

“Let go of me Caleb. You cheated, why the hell would I stay with you?”

He doesn’t answer, instead he punches me in the face. I instantly feel my lip split and blood trickle out. I’m seeing stars and am in shock at his actions, he’s never hit me before. “See what you made me do? You leave, you’ll get more of that, but worse.” He sneers into my face.

Excerpt 2:

He shakes his head, “Do you know how beautiful you are?”

“Stop.” I look away. I can’t do this. I don’t want to drag him through this. “Derek,” I begin to say, “I just want us to be friends. Can you accept that?”

“Not a chance. Ry you will be mine. Sooner than later. The first fucking in you give me, I’m taking it.”

Excerpt 3:

I dream of sex for the first time years. It's not painful. There's no groping hands or drunken kisses. It's all pleasure. I wake up with Derek's leg between mine, and my panties are wet. His hands are making small circles, on my stomach, and I can feel his cock hard against my ass. I can't help myself; I grind into it and let out a quiet moan. Derek's body stills. Oh no! He's awake.

We lay still for a moment. Then, he finally starts to move. His hand start to make a slow path to my panties. His hand slides into them, and his fingers find my entrance and two slide in. His thumb rubs over my clit, and I start to breath hard.

"Roll over baby." He whispers in my ear.

I do as he says, even though I'm scared of what's to come. It all feels good now, but I know the pain will start soon. Derek doesn’t climb onto me, like I expect. Instead he slides down the bed and crawls between my legs. He is kissing my inner thigh, then brings his face to my core, and pulls my panties aside. "Your pussy smells so good, baby."

He starts to suck my clit, while his fingers go in and out of me. I can feel it building. When he twirls his fingers inside me, I go over the edge.

Facebook link :

About Author:

Dawn Martens is a Canadian Author, Mother and Wife who lives in Alberta. She has two daughters, another child on the way and is married to her best friend.

Biography:

Co-Author of Chase and Kade with Chantal Fernando.
Solo author of Derek.

Co-Author of the Love Songs series with Emily Minton.

Description:

I drink too much, Swear too much, and Read too much. Yes I read too much. I don't have a filter, and I tend to speak before I think.

I have two children, 5&2, and have another on the way. They bug the shit outta me, but hey, that's what kids are supposed to do. ;) Married since 2007. He's amazing, but he's also a bigger pain in my ass than my kids are.

I love to read and I love being able to write stories that *I* want to read!
I couldn't do this without the help of some very special friends!

Giveaway:

No comments:

Post a Comment