Sunday, February 9, 2014

Boystown By Jake Biondi Promo Tour Wrap Up


Today is the wrap up for our promo tour for Boystown by Jake Biondi. I want to thank all the blogs that participated and all of you out there for reading it and reviewing. I love all the characters in Boystown but today I have a special posting for a couple I am routing for Ben and Jacqueline. If you have read the story you know Ben is Jesse's friend and Jacqueline is Jesse's mother. Ben and Jacqueline are in love and we get a few surprises from this couple and so I decided that I would wrap up the tour with this Ben and Jacqueline.

Shawn (Ben)

Jacqueline

Excerpt:

Later that evening, after her shopping spree, Jacqueline was sitting at the bar in the first floor lounge of her hotel. She was having a martini and talking occasionally to the bartender. Mostly, she was just taking in the scene and relaxing after her hectic day.

“This one is good,” she told the bartender about her martini.

“Like it better than the first one?” he asked. “I thought you might.”

“Yes, but they are strong,” she smiled.

“Well, you get your money’s worth from me,” he joked. The bartender stepped away for a moment and Jacqueline pulled Max’s business card out of her pocket. She stared at it for a while and finally took out her phone. She dialed Max’s cell number, but hesitated before pressing the “call” button. The bartender walked back over.

“Not sure if you should call the guy, huh?”

Jacqueline smiled. “How did you know?”

“Happens often at the bar this time of night,” the bartender smiled. “My advice? If you’re not completely sure, don’t do it.” 

Jacqueline smiled and then put her phone and Max’s business card into her purse. “You’re probably right. Thanks.”

“That’s what bartenders are for.” He smiled and stepped away to greet a man who was sitting down at the bar, several seats away from Jacqueline. It was Ben Donovan, dressed handsomely in a suit and tie. He took his seat and ordered a Cosmopolitan from the bartender. As the bartender prepared the cocktail, Ben made eye contact with Jacqueline. She smiled, then looked away.

“Thanks,” Ben told the bartender, handing him a credit card. “I’ll start a tab.” The bartender took the card and walked back to his cash register. Then he went back over to Jacqueline.

“So you’re in town for a few days?” the bartender asked.

“Yes,” Jacqueline replied. “Long weekend with my son. He’s out with a friend tonight. I figured I’d call it an early night. Especially after these martinis you’ve made me.”

Ben got up and walked over to Jacqueline. “Not too early, I hope.” Jacqueline smiled. “Mind if I sit down?”

“Go right ahead,” Jacqueline said. She was intrigued by the sexy stranger.

“I’m Shawn,” Ben lied, as he extended his hand to Jacqueline.

“Hello, Shawn. I’m Jacqueline. It’s nice to meet you.” Jacqueline turned on her stool to face Ben, who sat down and faced her.

“Pleasure’s mine,” Ben said. “Are you visiting from out of town? I overheard you talking to the bartender.”

“Yes,” Jacqueline smiled. “I’m in town for the weekend. With my son.”

“Excellent. Great time of year to visit Chicago.” Jacqueline finished her drink and Ben signaled to the bartender. “Let me get another for my friend here.”

“Oh no, I shouldn’t,” Jacqueline said.

“Aw come on. Have a drink with me. I’m enjoying talking to you,” Ben smiled as he indicated to the bartender to bring Jacqueline another drink.

“Well, okay. But just one more,” Jacqueline said.

“Whatever you say,” Ben smiled. The bartender put Jacqueline’s fresh drink on the bar in front of her. Then Ben and she lifted their glasses and touched them together.


I want to give a huge THANK YOU to Jake Biondi for allowing me to promo his book. I am so looking forward to the second season. I need to know what has happened to everyone and where everyone is going!


SYNOPSIS:

One of the most diverse and lively neighborhoods in the country, Chicago's BOYSTOWN has something for everyone.

So it's no wonder that Jesse Morgan and Cole O'Brien chose to live there upon graduating from college.+

Ready to begin the next phase of their lives in an exciting new city, Jesse and Cole quickly find themselves at the center of a new group of friends.

Joyelle and Derek Mancini have been happily married for years, but Derek is harboring a secret that could tear them apart.

Derek's brother Emmett is about to discover that his boyfriend Keith Colgan has a past that will haunt them both.

Long time couple Logan Pryce and Max Taylor must face a crisis that neither of them expected.

And, before they realize it, Jesse and Cole find themselves at the center of it all in the adult playground known as BOYSTOWN.

Goodreads:


Order your copy of BOYSTOWN Season One today by clicking below:





About Author:

Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago, Jake Biondi fell in love with "The Windy City" at an early age. He left the Chicago area for four years to attend the University of Notre Dame and, upon graduation, returned to Chicago. He has been living in Chicago's Boystown neighborhood for over 20 years. 

A huge fan of Charles Dickens' novels as well as television shows such asDynasty, Knots Landing, Dallas and Revenge, Jake Biondi has created a serialized saga for contemporary audiences. 

Because of BOYSTOWN's huge success online and the serialized nature of Biondi's writing, readers from all over the globe have been able to correspond with Biondi and influence the storylines of the BOYSTOWN saga as Biondi writes it.

Now, the first ten episodes of BOYSTOWN are available in book form.

Where to stalk Jake:
Website:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Goodreads:

Pinterest:

E-Mail:

No comments:

Post a Comment