Saturday, February 8, 2014

Give Me Books Presents Promiscuous (Tease #2) by Missy Johnson Release Day Blitz & Review



When you're a twenty-year-old triple platinum singer you get an image.

Except mine was all wrong. On drugs; pregnant; fucking my manager. 

But I wasn't; it was all lies. I was a good girl. 

But now I'm done being the good girl, because it has gotten me nowhere.

I spent the last year in love with a guy who I was paying to fuck me. 

A guy who fell in love with someone else. 

But now I’m over it. Now it's about me. 

If the world thinks I’m a bad girl, then hell, that’s what I’ll be. 

I'll show them bad. 

Let's find out how promiscuous I can be. 









5 of 5 Promiscuous

First let me say this that Missy Johnson totally rocks my socks off with her writing. I mean I have never ever felt so many emotions in one second than I do when ever I read one of her stories. Missy can take your heart and stomp on it and rip it out and put it back together all in the span of one sentence. I started reading Promiscuous at 8:00pm and finished it by 1:00am because I could not put it down. I was like oh my God is that happening why is she is doing that what the heck just happened then I was mad because I don't really do head games and one of the characters who I will not name because this is a MUST READ to get the full effect but this one character was playing games and I don't even think this character new what they really wanted so the decisions reflected that and that pissed me off because Beth deserved so much better.

See Beth has gone through a lot and if you read the first book Tease you would know what I am talking about. I mean in Promiscuous I wanted to throttle Beth because she was so crazy with the wishy washy behavior. She wasn't sure who she wanted or what she wanted because she had a broken heart and a broken heart is a dangerous thing to have because a women scorned is a very bad thing. But Beth has some serious decisions to make because she knows she can't continue to drink and sleep her way through life. There is no light at the end of that tunnel and as she navigates through her crazy ass life she realizes that she better do something soon because effing everything that comes her way and drinking all the booze she can stomach is going no where fast.

Will Beth meet the right guy and let her walls she has placed around her heart down or will she continue on her path of destruction? This is such a must read I loved it and I will re-read over and over again! Thank you Missy for such a crazy ass ride!

I was beginning to realize what this was: he wanted more of the party girl. He was here to see the Beth who stayed out all night drinking, and kissing random girls and making out with handsome men.

Not me. Well, not the real me, anyway.

I slipped a finger through the tie of my robe, letting it fall open. I arched my shoulders, letting the material float down my shoulders. Goosebumps hit my arms as I stood there confidently. Inside, I was a screaming mess.

What the hell am I doing? What if he touched me? What if I freaked out?

Sure, I'd had plenty of sex since the rape, but none sober. I hadn't let anyone touch me without being completely smashed first.

He stared at me for a moment, his eyes wandering over my curves as time seemed to freeze. I couldn't read his expression, but the longer he stood there, watching me, the more I began to panic. Without saying a thing, he bent down and retrieved the robe, threading my arms back
into it.

"I'm not here to fuck you, Beth." He spoke softly, his hands running over the soft silk of my robe, down my arms to my fingers. I jumped back, both relieved and confused.

Well, this is embarrassing.

Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture). 

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.





No comments:

Post a Comment